Hello there, old friends.

I've noticed that many of my blogger friends aren't posting so much these days. Well, neither am I. It must just be this phase of life, or maybe laziness? I should speak for myself.

Since this is as close to journaling as I come, I think it's time to start writing again.

First, some updates.

We had another baby! Ezra Was born in July. We prompted him to come a bit early (10 days). He was 8 lbs 1 oz and 21 inches long. Almost exactly the same as Evie, who was only one day early. When I say prompted, I mean I had a membrane sweep and used a breast pump to get some natural pitocin going. It worked! Delivery went smoothly. I used a doula again, and she was wonderful. I had to have vancomycin for group b strep, which made me feel really sick and overall made the delivery more difficult than I remembered it being the first time. My best friend Trisha was there and took photos. They are so amazing! I feel so lucky to have been surrounded by such a great support team (Andrew, Trisha, Brittney the doula, and a fantastic l&d nurse).

Evie adores her baby brother. She wants to kiss and touch and love on him all the time, and often asks to hold him. It can be difficult, when I'm nursing or trying to buckle him in his car seat, but she is always sweet and gentle.

Now Ezra is nearly three months old. At his two month check he was nearly 14 pounds, which is the 86th percentile for weight. He's in the 80th for height, and his head is in the 50th. He has fair along and lighter almost auburn brown hair. So far his eyes are still quite blue, and he has my feet (just like my dad and grandma).

He's shown some sensitivity to dairy, so I've gone off the stuff yet again. We will have him allergy tested in a week to figure out for sure what's bothering him.

He is a snuggly kid. For most of month one and two he's just wanted to be held all the time and to sleep right next to me. He's now more comfortable hanging out in his bouncer awake and falling asleep on his own more and more. He has yet to warm up to his carsear, so I keep car trips to a minimum.

He smiles quite a bit, especially on the changing table, when he first wakes up, or if you've left him to his own devices for a minute and then come back and say hello. Smiles are often accompanied by coos. It is so sweet!

Now on to Miss Evie. She's nearly three! And so clever and funny. She loves to sing and learn songs. She listens to music going to sleep every night, and I've found that she's picked up the words to many of the songs all on her own. She can recognize most of the alphabet, and knows the sounds of all the letters. She's started recognizing letters around town. "Mom! I see a C! Mom! There's my name letter!" 

Her hair is getting so long. I love it. And she insists she does not want a haircut. It curls into soft ringlets on the underside, but the front and top layer are straight. No idea where that curl came from.

Oh, and she's totally potty trained. Aren't you glad I wasn't blogging during potty training? Let me just say that I'm so glad to have behind me. Let's not talk about how I get to do it again in two years.

Evie is extremely afraid of flies and all bugs. Still afraid of dogs. Won't touch any animals. And we found out she's allergic to dust mites.

She loves to play with her play kitchen and dishes/food. She's always cooking up oatmeal, yogurt, soup, or an ice cream cone. She likes to feed us her concoctions and have picnics with it all over the house.

Evie surprises us daily with what she says, knows, and remembers. We frequently turn to each other and express our amazement at how wonderful she is. 

Andrew is working full time as an engineer after graduating last December (woot!), and still managing a lot of side projects here at home. He redid the half bathroom on our main level, and has almost finished installing all new baseboard on the main level too. He's also building me a custom built in budfet in the dining room and rebuilding the engine of an Izuzu Trooper. 

Me? Well, as I mentioned, I had a baby this summer. It was a tough pregnancy for my (potty training the toddler, morning sickness, and horrible SPD pain). And Ezra's been a bit of a tough baby (needing to be held most of the time). Through it all I've been working with the young women at church, and baking a few cakes on the side. In fact, I did two wedding cakes in August! I've also joined a book club and so far read A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, Call the Midwife, and Cunnamon and Gunpowder. I signed up to run a 5k in October, and have been back to the gym for a week so far. In my spare time I think a lot about my future, what I can take on when I'm done nursing, when the kids are in school, etc. I have this strong feeling that I am supposed to pursue a career and possibly more school. I just haven't quite figure out what yet.

The house. It's probably 1/2 done. The basement and exterior are virtually untouched, as are the bathrooms upstairs. I would so love to have it all done at once, but realistically we have to take it slow. Sorry, neighbors. You have to look at our sagging gutters and weedy yard for at least another year. 

Comments

Popular Posts